Monday, October 30, 2006

Week 8 - Update

Well, the halfway mark is well behind me and now I'm looking ahead to the three quarter mark, which is only a couple of weeks away now...and, beyond that, lies December 12th which I've got marked down as the day on which I will apply for my 100th job application...

Still no news back from Santa Barbara about whether they can assist with travelling expenses for the Sheriff's Correction Officer interview - I'm crossing my fingers! And, I've had a hectic weekend so, my apologies for not having got around to processing last week's TFM interview and putting it up on the blog - I will try and find a way to sort it out today.

In other blog type news, I need your ideas...

When I began the blog I calculated that I had just enough money to get me to the very end but, it appears my financial factoring was a little askew (obviously being an accountant would be a very unsuitable job for me) and that - unless something happens to improve matters - it's going to be pretty tough to find a way to not take some kind of job (read: any kind) before I get to the 100th application. Right now, funds are running low and I've managed to max out my credit card.

I did think it might be an idea to look into whether there was anyone who might be interested in sponsoring the blog - but I'm not really sure who would want to. So, I need your ideas on how to make some money to keep 100 Unsuitable Jobs well and truly afloat until the end of my quest! Answers on a postcard to the usual address or, failing that, feel free to send me an email!

Emails from reclusive billionaires with lots of money to spend on blogs about unsuitable job applications are especially welcome...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

y'know, you really don't need two kidneys...

failing that, there's medical research, and some people out there will even pay you to be a 'mystery shopper'! How cool is that! i guess those don't qualify as jobs, so won't invalidate your quest

Anonymous said...

You could always just show your idea so far to a publisher... but they probably wouldnt like the fact that its already online.

Anonymous said...

European funding!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/actionnetwork/A2033687#1

According to that both "research projects" and "tackling discrimination and inequality" will make you eligible. I think your Anti-Weightism Campaign fits nicely into the latter category.

Anonymous said...

Are you claiming benefits (jobseekers allowance)? That could help a bit, and they could hardly claim you are not trying to look for work, just show them your blog as evidence.

I just signed up as a mystery shopper.

You could go trick or treating. Or when it rains, sell umbrellas on street corners. Or busk.

Gill said...

Well you can't do arithmetic so you should probably be a poet. Sadly, you don't get paid much though. Mystery shopping is quite fun and product placement (going round shops and straightening chocolate bars in displays!)

Oliver Davies said...

Patrick - if only I'd not sold one the other week to buy a Chinese takeaway! :-(

Kacie - European funding sounds wonderful, I will research this in more depth...

Katy - tried trick or treating. I only got 3 packs of chewits, 1 Mars bar and an assortment of strange looks...